Costume and Textile Society
Do you love all things fabric and textile? Are you interested in learning more, sharing your knowledge, and meeting a group of enthusiasts who are invested with the same passion? The Costume and Textile Society is for you and we invite you to join.
Founded in 1984 to support the Costume and Textile Department of the Wadsworth Atheneum, the Society currently provides educational, creative and social opportunities for its members.
C&TS members volunteer to assist the Costume and Textile Department with collection maintenance and exhibit installation and to plan a variety of events:
- Lectures by speakers such as designers, fashion historians, curators, authors, collectors
- Visits to fashion and textile-related exhibitions
- Social events: our annual “Lecture and Hat Luncheon,” Holiday Dinner, C&T First Thursday, Movie Nights at the Museum and more
- The POSH Sale, our popular fundraiser that provides supplemental funds to the Costume and Textile Department
Whether you are fascinated by the history of costumes and textiles, the social and economic aspects of the textile and garment industry or the contemporary fashion designs, we encourage you to join the Costume and Textile Society.
Regular | $50
- Newsletter with calendar
- Listing in Directory
- Special member rates for C&TS sponsored events
Student | $10
All benefits of Regular Membership with proper ID
Sponsor | $75
All benefits of Regular Membership, plus
- Special recognition in the Membership Directory
- One free museum guest pass
Florence Paull Berger-J Herbert Callister Associate | $250
All benefits of Sponsor Membership, plus
- 50% off one C&TS event
Carol Krute Honor Society | $500
All benefits of Florence Paull Berger-J Herbert Callister Associate, plus
- One free C&TS event
- Private behind the scenes tour of new acquisitions – based on curatorial availability
Katherine S. Hoffman Collector’s Circle | $1,000
All benefits of Carol Krute Honor Society, plus
- One free C&TS event
- Private curator-led tour highlighting the relationship between costumes and works of art, or the integration of costumes and textiles in the permanent collection and exhibitions
To join, complete the registration below. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.