Development Events Manager (full-time)
The Wadsworth has an immediate opening for a Development Events Manager to join the Institutional Advancement team. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Development Events Manager’s primary role is to coordinate and execute the Museum’s fundraising events, including the annual Splendor Gala, Member previews, Atheneum Associate and Society of Daniel Wadsworth events, VIP receptions and dinners, small cultivation events, corporate events, Festival of Trees and Traditions, Fine Art and Flowers, and other exhibition and membership special events as needed.
In addition to the management and planning of the museum’s special events program, this position supervises the Development Events Coordinator who assists with event planning and administrative support in addition to overseeing the external event rental program.
- College degree of equivalent knowledge and experience
- 4+ years of managing a gala with an auction and other special events
- Prior supervisory experience
- Microsoft Word and Excel expertise
- Some evenings and weekend hours will be required
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadline and goals
- Work effectively with volunteer committees
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to HR@wadsworthatheneum.org.
The Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.