Join us for a variety of activities and performances for visitors of all ages as we participate in EnvisionFest! Complete Sketch Crawl challenges, contribute to a community weaving project, create city-inspired accessories, and turn a simple sidewalk into a work of art, tour the museum with a docent, enjoy performances from Waking Elliot and Winterpills and more. Park for free, compliments of Hartford Parking Authority, in the Church Street, MAT and Morgan Street Garages, starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Art-Making | Celebrating Cities 10am-5pm, Hartford Courant Room/Avery Court Create a city-inspired design based on artist Tom McGrath’s painting Untitled (Yellow Grid). Make your artwork into a pendant or pin to carry with you as you celebrate.
- Art-Making | Street Scenes 10am-5pm, Heublein Gallery Drop in to see STREET, a captivating new film by James Nares that celebrates the ordinary moments often overlooked in a fast-moving city. Leave us a comment or sketch on the miniature street outside the gallery.
- Guided Tours | Collection Highlights Tours 11am-4pm, Gray Court (Main Street Entrance) Join our docents for a guided tour of highlights from the Wadsworth’s collection. Tours leave from Gray Court (Main Street Entrance) on the hour. Final tour leaves at 4pm.
- Self-Guided Tours | Guide by Cell 10am-5pm, various galleries Listen to the newly-launched Guide by Cell audio tour of highlights from the Wadsworth’s collection. The tour can be accessed with any cell phone and includes commentary by curators, artists, and community members. Available in English and Spanish.
- Art-Making | Cityscape Mural 10am-5pm, Main Street/Atheneum Square North (TBD) Celebrate the vibrancy and diversity of Hartford by participating in a collaborative woven mural of a city skyline. Get to know your neighbors by creating art together!
- Art-Making | Sidewalk Art 10 am-7pm, Atheneum Square North Experiment with water, stencils, and chalk to turn a simple sidewalk into art! Learn about artist Adam Niklewicz’s water-activated mural on Pearl Street and see the original Charter Oak painting that inspired it.
- Khaiim the RapOet 1pm-2:45pm, Atheneum Square North Celebrate The Amistad Center for Art & Culture at the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art with RapOet Khaiim Kelly, performing a signature mix of Hip-Hop, Spoken Word, Rap, and poetry.
- Little Ugly. 3:00 pm
- Waking Elliot, 4:30 pm
- Winterpills, 6 pm
Sketch Crawl 12pm-5pm (Various Locations)
Participate in the Main Street Sketch Crawl and complete a series of challenges inspired by art in the Wadsworth’s collection. Visit all sketch stations or just drop in to draw! Sketch materials will be provided.