How can art change the world? Join us for a day of artful celebration in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and other peaceful activists. Free family-friendly activities include interactive performances, tours, hands-on art-making, and a self-guided activity focusing on artists in the Medieval to Monet exhibition.
Family friendly activities include:
- Performance at 1pm by Lift Every Voice and Sing Gospel Choir in partnership with the CT Center for Nonviolence Peace is Possible Chorus
- Public art & knitting with the Knitty Gritty Committee
- Interactive workshops with Downtown Yoga at 11am and 2pm
- Hands-on art making all day with teaching artists Donald Boudreaux and Nina Salazar
- Family tours at 11am and 11:30am
- Museum highlights tour at 2pm
- Emancipation 150: presentations and performances in the Theater from 1-4pm, including a reenactment of the Lincoln-Greeley debate
See the full MLK Community Day 2013 Schedule.
See the full Emancipation 150 schedule.