February – April 2014
- Music by Goodnight Blue Moon
- 6 pm: Listen to artist Allison Schulnik discuss her work.
- Get your fortune told by a palm or tarot card reader in the Café.
- Participate in a Stop-Motion Film Workshop led by students from the Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry in the Hartford Courant Room.
- 7 pm: Sneak peak of Full Force Dance Theatre’s upcoming performance
- 8 pm: Watch short animated & claymation films including Wallace & Gromit.
Join us the first Thursday of every month for extended exhibition hours, live music, cocktails, food, art activities, a film and more!
First Thursday: Sing Me A Song:
- DJ Jon Eastman in Avery Court
- A Cappella music by Business as Usual in Avery Court
- Join a docent at 6 pm for a Collection Focus Talk on Thomas Dewing’s The Days, 1884-1886 – meet at Information Desk
- Watch break dancers from Young! Studios at 6:30 and 7:30 pm in Avery Court
- Create your own music video in the Hartford Courant Room
- Take a break at the coffee and dessert bar in The Museum Café
- 8 pm screening of Philomena
$5; Free for Members.
Join us the first Thursday of every month for extended exhibition hours, music, cocktails, food, art activities, a film and more!
Film: Philomena: In this dramatic comedy based on true events, a woman enlists the aide of a political journalist to help her find the son she was forced to give up for adoption while living in a convent. Multiple award winner. 2013. UK. 98 min. Rated PG-13. Directed by Stephen Frears. Starring Judi Dench, Steve Coogan.
Free with admission to First Thursday: Sing Me A Song.
Film: Elsa & Fred: An all-time favorite of our film regulars. A retired 77 year old hypochondriac widower named Fred moves to an apartment in Madrid and meets his next door neighbor, the Argentinean Elsa. She enchants Fred with her reckless behavior and zest for life. 2005. Argentina/Spain. 108 min. Rated PG. Subtitles. Directed by Marcos Carnevale.
Free with admission to First Thursday: TANGO.
Presented By Data-Mail, Inc. and The Mandell Family