January – February 2014
Jazz Brunch: Shenel Johns Trio: Join us for a brunch buffet while listening to some of Hartford’s best live jazz music during our Sunday Jazz Brunch with the Shenel Johns Trio! Seatings at 11 am and 12:30 pm. Afterwards, explore the galleries on your own or take a tour with a docent.
$35, $25 Members. Purchase tickets online or call (860) 838-4100 Wednesday through Sunday, 10 am – 4:30 pm. Tickets include museum admission, jazz, brunch & complimentary Bloody Mary or Mimosa.
SOLD OUT Sunday Serenades: Picasso and Prokofiev: Picasso and Prokofiev takes its inspiration from four paintings in our collection by Picasso, representing the artist’s evolving artistic styles. This concert is presented in collaboration with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra and features Concertmaster Leonid Sigal. Tickets required. $30,$25 Members and HSO Subscribers; purchase tickets online or call (860) 244-2999.
Pre-Concert Talk: At 1 pm Curator of European Art Oliver Tostmann will give an introduction to Picasso’s work in Aetna Theater. Free with admission.
Erwin Schulhoff (1894-1942): Concertino for Flute, Viola and Double Bass (1917)
Manuel de Falla (1876-1946): Concerto for Harpsichord, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Violin and Cello, G71 (1926)
Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971): Pour Pablo Picasso for Clarinet (1917)
Sergei Prokofiev (1891-1953): Quintet for Oboe, Clarinet, Violin, Viola and Double Bass in G minor, Op. 39 (1924)
The Sunday Serenades Chamber Music Series is made possible, in part, by the Helen M. Saunders Charitable Foundation Music Endowment at the Wadsworth Atheneum.
- Music by Goodnight Blue Moon
- 6 pm: Listen to artist Allison Schulnik discuss her work.
- Get your fortune told by a palm or tarot card reader in the Café.
- Participate in a Stop-Motion Film Workshop led by students from the Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry in the Hartford Courant Room.
- 7 pm: Sneak peak of Full Force Dance Theatre’s upcoming performance
- 8 pm: Watch short animated & claymation films including Wallace & Gromit.
Join us the first Thursday of every month for extended exhibition hours, live music, cocktails, food, art activities, a film and more!