January – February 2014
Pre-Concert Talk: Picasso & Prokofiev: Join Oliver Tostmann, our new Susan Morse Hilles Curator of European Art, in Aetna Theater for an introduction to the art and life of Pablo Picasso. Free with Museum or Sunday Serenades admission.
Gallery Talk: Beyond Boy Scouts: Norman Rockwell’s Girls
Erin Monroe, Assistant Curator of American Paintings and Sculpture, will discuss Rockwell’s depictions of girls and girlhood in relation to the Museum’s 1953 painting, The Young Lady with the Shiner. Free with museum admission.
- Music by Goodnight Blue Moon
- 6 pm: Listen to artist Allison Schulnik discuss her work.
- Get your fortune told by a palm or tarot card reader in the Café.
- Participate in a Stop-Motion Film Workshop led by students from the Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry in the Hartford Courant Room.
- 7 pm: Sneak peak of Full Force Dance Theatre’s upcoming performance
- 8 pm: Watch short animated & claymation films including Wallace & Gromit.
Join us the first Thursday of every month for extended exhibition hours, live music, cocktails, food, art activities, a film and more!
Film: Animation Shorts: To celebrate our latest MATRIX exhibition Allison Schulnik / MATRIX 168 we’re screening a variety of short animated and claymation films including Wallace & Gromit and more.
Free with admission to First Thursday: Allison Schulnik / MATRIX 168.
Presented By Data-Mail, Inc. And The Mandell Family