First Thursday Block Party: Caribbean Festival: Don’t miss our final block party of the summer!
- De 4 AhWee Steel Band from 5 – 6 pm
- Amandla Reggae Band from 6 – 9 pm
- Stilt walkers – Mike Mohammed & Son
- Performances by the Caribbean American Dance Company at 5:30 and 6:30 pm
- Body art by Amazing Face Art
- Costume parade at 7 pm by the Connecticut International Culture Carnival Association
- Hands on art activity outside from 5 – 8 pm: make your own costume pieces
- Complimentary food and cash bar
- Film at 8 pm, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
Facebook event here.
Wear the color YELLOW for free admission!
First Thursday After Hours
Join us the first Thursday of every month for extended exhibition hours, music, cocktails, food, art activities, a film & more! View photos from our previous First Thursday Block Party, which took place June 5, 2014.
Film: Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom: A chronicle of Nelson Mandela’s life journey from his childhood in a rural village through to his inauguration as the first democratically elected president of South Africa. 2013. UK/South African. 141 min. Rated PG-13. English and Subtitles. Directed by Justin Chadwick. Starring Idris Elba.
Free with admission to First Thursday Block Party: Caribbean Festival!
Movies & Music: Ecstasy: Originally deemed controversial for its eroticism, this film tells of a woman who marries an older man who has no passion. She leaves her husband and falls in love with another man. 1933. USA. 82 min. Not Rated. B&W. Directed by Gustav Machatý. Starring Hedy Lamarr.
5:30 pm Dinner and music
8:15 pm Film, Ecstasy
Members receive FREE admission and one free drink. Regular film admission prices apply to non-members.
Not a member? Join now!
MOVIES & MUSIC UNDER THE STARS: On Friday evenings in July and August join us for live music, food, and a classic film under the stars outside in Gengras Court!
Presented by Data-Mail, Inc. and the Mandell Family.