Directions & Parking
Entering the Museum
600 Main Street
Hartford, CT, 06103
Accessible entrance: 29 Atheneum Square North. Open during all regular museum hours.
Enter here for all tours and after-hours programs unless otherwise noted.
Museum Parking Options
Preferred Parking: Front Street South Garage, 62 Front St. Crossing, Hartford, CT 06103
$3 parking one block away. Bring your parking ticket to the museum for validation at the Museum Shop or Info Desk to receive the discounted rate.
- Connecticut Convention Center Garage, 100 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06103
$5 flat rate for museum visitors with ticket validation. Bring your ticket to the museum for validation at the Museum Shop or Info Desk.
On-street kiosk parking is available on the streets neighboring the museum. For current information regarding street parking in the City of Hartford, please visit the Hartford Parking Authority website.
The Avery Memorial entrance, located at 29 Atheneum Square North is accessible to visitors with limited mobility, wheelchairs, and strollers. A limited number of on-street handicap parking spaces, as well as non-handicap but nearby spaces, are available in front of the museum on Main Street, and behind the museum on Prospect Street. If street parking is unavailable, visitors may be dropped off immediately adjacent to the accessible entrance on the corner of Atheneum Square North and Prospect Street.
Other Transportation Options
- DASH circulator bus, a free shuttle which makes several stops around the city, can be used to get from various parking garages to the museum.
- CT fastrak stops very close to the museum for visitors coming from Bristol, Plainville, Farmington, or New Britain.
- CT Transit buses stop nearby on Main Street in various locations.
- CT rail trains stop in downtown Hartford for visitors coming from Springfield, Windsor Locks, Windsor, Berlin, Meriden, Wallingford, or New Haven.