The Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art offers a variety of paid internships for undergraduate, graduate, and recently graduated students. Internships introduce students to museum careers through defined projects under the guidance of experienced professionals.
In keeping with our strategic goals, candidates from historically underrepresented populations in the museum field will be prioritized. The Wadsworth aims to contribute to the diversification of the field by creating access to professional mentorship opportunities through equitable practices.
Internships may take place during the fall, spring, or summer semesters and average about 10 hours per week for 10 weeks, though summer internships may require more hours. Please review the time commitments included in each internship description.
All internships are paid. If a student would like to request academic credit, they are responsible for requesting and coordinating credit requirements with their college or university, their museum mentor, and the Internship Coordinator.
Stay tuned for upcoming internship opportunities.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit the following materials:
- Internship Application Cover Sheet
- Current resume or CV listing relevant experience and academic work
- Statement of interest (500 words or fewer): Please describe why you are interested in the position, your relevant qualifications, and how the internship will support your future goals. Additional requirements may be listed in the specific internship description.
- Statement on diversity (200 words or fewer): Please share what diversity in museums means to you.
- Writing sample, three to five pages in length
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters must be sent directly from the individual making the recommendation. If the applicant is a current student, we request one recommendation on letterhead from a school representative.
- Optional: Official academic transcripts
Please send all materials except for official academic transcripts to email@example.com with the subject line Wadsworth Atheneum Internship Application.
Official academic transcripts can be mailed to:
Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
600 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Questions? Please call (860) 838-4060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org