Free Museum Admission for Hartford Residents
Through a partnership with the City of Hartford and our longtime corporate partner Aetna, the Wadsworth is proud to offer free admission to the museum to all Hartford residents every day the museum is open!
How do I know if I am eligible for Wadsworth Welcome?
If your residential address is in the city of Hartford, you qualify.
How do I sign up for Wadsworth Welcome?
The process is simple—just like applying for a library card! Next time you visit the museum, bring one form of current and unexpired identification: either your Connecticut driver’s license or a State of Connecticut ID card. If you do not have either of the above, you may provide two of the following forms of identification (note: one must have a photo and the other your current address). There is no cost to enroll.
- valid passport
- check cashing courtesy card
- school ID card with photo
- employee ID card with photo
- Green Card
- current month’s utility bill or mail postmarked within the past 30 days
- printed personal check
- lease or rent receipt (within past 60 days)
- tax bill or receipt
- valid car registration or car insurance
What benefits does my Wadsworth Welcome card give me?
Your Wadsworth Welcome card admits you and up to four guests for free every day the museum is open. You can find museum hours here.
What is the difference between Wadsworth Welcome and museum membership?
In addition to free admission, museum members receive discounts in the Museum Shop and Untitled Bistro as well as invitations to exclusive member events. If these benefits are important to you, consider becoming a member today!
I do not live in the city of Hartford. How can I receive free admission?
There are many opportunities for everyone to receive free or discounted admission to the Wadsworth. Click here to learn more. Some of them are:
- Museum members and youth under 18 years of age are free year-round
- The museum offers free “Happy Hour” admission to everyone from 4–5pm every day the museum is open
- Active-duty military and their families are free at all times
- Second Saturdays for Families programming offers free admission for all on the second Saturday of each month
- Bank of America Museums on Us, grants free admission to Bank of America credit and debit cardholders during the first weekend of every month
- 200+ local Connecticut libraries carry ARTpasses, which can be borrowed and presented at the Wadsworth (and other museums!) to receive free admission for two adults.